Thursday, June 5, 2008

sketches


1 comment:

Jillian said...

Hey Ana-

I think the first one is closest.

The second one (a grass disease monster?) is probably slightly too arty for most editorial outlets. Although the idea of a monster is cool... like, maybe if you simply had a bed of grass, eye level, with two little eyeballs blinking in the shadows between the blades. That sort of thing. Editorial can be somewhat annoying in that it can trend towards the literal, but 'dems the breaks, I guess. An artier magazine might run this.

On the topic of text in editorial illustration, generally don't do it unless it's part of the concept. I'll post a separate post regarding this since apparently I can't link images in the comments.

The top one feels like it needs a little push conceptually. How do you translate what you've written (A Virus in the Grass) into a visual? It needs to nail it a bit stronger. I'm sure you can find a way to do that.