Monday, June 23, 2008

croutons

2 comments:

Zachary Zezima said...

it's cool how the croutons are hidden and being found, or are in the process of being hidden.

Jillian said...

(hey, sorry for delay. I'm in Florida...)

I actually really like this. Obviously it's all in the facial expression. I think you've captured it... that exact moment of recognition.

I think the croutons could be more "square". That's about it. It'd be a small change the art director might make you do post-finish. A word on that: small changes like that happen all the time, and are not a negative reflection of your work. It's more about how you deal with them (ie. do you refuse to make the change, or do you accommodate them and make it swiftly?) ADs are eternally grateful for you being easy to work with and it will score you major points.

If the changes are BIG, post-finish, then that can be another matter. That's why I do fairly "tight" sketches, so it's absolutely clear what the final will look like. So if they change the final, even if they signed off on the sketch, you are entitled to ask for a bump in pay.