Sunday, June 15, 2008

Salmon Final

Don't worry Zack, you're not completely alone.





3 comments:

Jillian said...

There's something really nice about this one. The technique is very appealing too.

I think the idea of the fish floating on their side would be okay with some people and others might get finicky about legibility, ie. "They look like they're swimming." (You'll be shocked to hear what people think "doesn't read.") If someone doesn't "read" it at the sketch phase, don't throw out the idea, but consider a way to "re-stage" the idea. Like maybe he's standing waist deep in water, with the fish floating haphazardly around him. Or maybe they're floating dead in the sky above his head.

But like I said, I think many people would love it as-is.

-J

Ana said...

yeah I didn't see it before, but i see what you mean that they could look like they are swimming, i guess doing a sketch first would have helped.

Jillian said...

Do whatcha can for this blog. As I mentioned, you would have done the full process with the client and had that discussion then. *If* they had concerns, consider what I mention (the re-working of an idea).

Thanks Ana!