
I don't think I'd ever hear the name "Barry Blitt" on Entertainment Tonight. Not exactly "Brangelina", you know? But it's really interesting to see an editorial illustration arouse so much attention.
What are you guys' thoughts? Did he go too far in the satire? Or are people smart enough to get the commentary? Leave your musings in the comments.
3 comments:
i don't mind it. people i know actually feel this way about the obamas, and i think that's hilarious. so i think the illustration is funny in the same way. it pokes fun at the fact that some people feel this way about them and it makes the idea of it seem ludicrous.
What fascinates me is that the general thread is "Well, I, of course, get it. But what of those people who DON'T get it?!!" Do you think that people who hold those views will see this debate and have a few things clarified for them? I mean, I'm honestly just curious.
I think I'm glad he didn't dumb it down. I was listening to a debate on the radio just now and one of the "commentators" helpfully suggested that maybe a "hick or hayseed-type character could be IMAGINING the scene and this vision could be in a thought bubble". Thankfully they had Art Spiegelman come on afterwards and tell him that was a terrible idea...
i think the illustration is funny and i would have though that most people would have gotten the idea. but everyone is making such a big deal about it, it seem they don't actually get it.
its so crazy that people are taking this ridiculous, obviously satire illustration so seriously.
Even Obama's campaign people are offended. Its so silly.
Post a Comment